As kids of the 80s we have always been drawn to the sound of slightly out-of-tune synths, warm tape saturation, gritty samples and grainy reverbs. So we set out on a mission to capture the lofi spirit of our favorite decade — and bring it into a new decade.
Meet a complex algorithm with eight simple knobs. We named it ‘Super’ for its powers and ‘VHS’ for its sound.
Six unique ‘one-knob’ effects inspired by the VHS-era.
● STATIC — Static noise generated by an internal synthesizer
● HEAT — ‘Analog tape’ saturator, inspired by consumer-grade tape machines
● SHAPE — Sample rate reducer inspired by 1980s 8-bit samplers
● MAGIC — Widening FX inspired by the Juno chorus, but darker and deeper
● DRIFT — Pitch fluctuation LFO for unpredictable time and pitch shifting
● WASH — ‘Bad hall’ reverb inspired by budget friendly 1980s rack units